256- 237-1624 Office • email@example.com
171 Town Center Drive, Anniston, Alabama 36205 • Lewis E. Sellers MD
Content on this website is not considered medical advice. Please see a physician before making any medical or lifestyle changes.
Please read over and follow these instructions carefully. These instructions are very important for your recovery after your procedure.
1. You have received Oral and/or IV sedation medication for your procedure. DO NOT drink alcohol, drive, or make important decisions. A responsible adult must be with you for 24 hours following your procedure.
2. Until you return to the office for your post-procedure ultrasound: Wear the compression wrap applied after your procedure. After that, wear your compression stocking in the daytime for the next 3 weeks.
3. You will have a follow-up appointment: A post procedure ultrasound at McClellan Park Medical Mall office to check for deep vein thrombosis and to confirm that the treated vein is sealed.
4. The day after your procedure: Start walking at least 30 minutes daily. This can be done in 10 minute intervals if you tire easily.
5. The day after your procedure: You may shower. DO NOT soak in a tub, get in a hot tub, or swim for ONE (1) week after your procedure.
6. For the first week following your procedure: Elevate your leg when not up walking. No strenuous activity for the first week (running, prolonged standing, or heavy lifting).
7. If you experience any pain after your procedure, it should be controlled by over the counter medication. If your pain is not controlled, please notify Dr. Sellers.
8. CALL IMMEDIATELY if these symptoms occur:
9. You will need to continue the Conservative Care for vein disease after your procedure.
If you have any additional questions, please call the office at 256-237-1624.